Followers

Not looking back at Tonner's "Don't Look Back"

Today, I made one of first denials of the year: Denying Tonner's "Don't Look Back" Scarlett. I have to admit that in my mind a great tug-of-war was going on -- between getting it and not.

"Scarlett briefly wore this costume in the film, so it doesn't really matter if you don't get it. It's not really a great association with the character."

"The doll looks beautiful! Can you imagine all the photos you can do of her, the joys of the days that will come if she was in your midst?"

"You may never get the chance again. After all, she is LE (Limited Edition) at only a hundred".

"You have other priorities. With that amount of money, you could buy a new sofa! (here in the Philippines".

"So what? You could always earn it back. Think of the time when it won't be available anymore!".

"You have so many Scarlett's already! What would you do with an extra one? This is an exercise in delaying gratification."

"Just look at how that chiffon drapes on her back!! What are you waiting for. It'll hurt only temporarily."

"Just wait for the Alana Bennett dress you ordered. Although it's taking long, you know it's yours, just yours! Now that's limited."

"Don't you just envy all those who have that doll! Where did they get the budget for it?! C'mon, you can spare for one more!"


Argh the ramblings of my mind that still linger while I still see images of the doll. Well, my relative got me The Tonner Twilight dolls. That's two dolls and they're hot! Time to practice repainting another face. So help me God. = ) The truth is doll collectors get that rush of adrenaline, the thrill of seeing the doll before their eyes, the feel of the clothes, the possibilities of play and display, of photography and repainting.

Somehow -- despite it all, I'm kind of proud I said: "No". For now. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment