Followers

Tonner Bella Swan OOAK: Finale





In the previous post I mentioned I wouldn't touch the eyes, but friends said I had to to give the eyes "more soul". I always encourage comments and criticisms. How else can you grow? And there are some things that your eyes don't see after staring at a piece of work for a long time.

I still have to practice on blushing -- major. And still working on perfecting some strokes, so bear with me.

Here's Bella! Again, the hardest parts are always the eyes. The sculpt eyelid as I mentioned before has a deep crease, me thinks too deep that the paint just flows into it. But looking at the pictures of the actress, that eyelid is not too pronounced and just a thin line that hovers over the eyes. Well, the pictures arent so clear, but I just had to line it very thinly, and which eventually gave me a migraine the entire afternoon, haha! The nose -- ahh well, that's another difficulty. Tonner seems to have very pronounced noses with their dolls -- at least from what I have. Some of the repaint artists who have done Isabelle, Noel Cruz and Isabelle and Laurie Leigh (who, I believe re-sculpted the Bella nose) did excelllent in their Bella noses. Wish I had their patience.

If you have the Tonner Bella doll, you'll notice that she is a bit heavy on the hips -- to think it was supposedly a mold for a teen body, she seems to have given birth already to her vampire child. This makes the doll head a tad too large for the body, or so I seem to see.

I am pondering on a body swap with a Tonner Scarlett, but that would mean buying another set of clothes for the Bella doll. Since the dollar is too high for my Philippine peso, I might as well learn the value of contentment.

Here is Bella -- now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment