Followers

Tonner Bella Swan OOAK


This is Tonner's Bella Swan doll which has been again, amateurishly repainted by me. I decided to cut the hair using a "thinning scissors" (let the scissors bite at a certain length and then pull). It took some time to get out of the Scarlett mold. I also wanted to see if I could repaint another doll. It took time studying Kristen Stewart's features. Her eyebrows are thin out, and there isn't much of makeup. I wanted her young and innocent very much like the Twilight character.

Why did I choose the Twilight dolls, well admittedly, I loved the idea -- not much the story, more the movie. At 43 there are things that want to make you feel young again. This is one. No matter how idiotic it may seem to some people haha. = )

The sculpt is rather difficult when it comes to the eye area. I think Kristen's eyes are pointed towards the ends and the eyelid area of the doll was rounded. It was hard putting the eyelids. I also tried putting in some brown in the eye but this seemed not to work well as the character's eyes are predominantly black. The hardest part is the chin area. Kristen Stewart's chin is pointed but I think her jaw wasn't as strong as the sculpt of the doll (I think the Antoinette doll of Tonner seemed to capture the chin I was looking for). The lips are darker on the upper and lighter on the bottom. I also think the nostrils shouldn't have been that large and thinner on the bridge -- something that the Tonner Scarlett seems to have as well.

Well, I'll try to post more photos soon. I had my eyes refracted and needed new glasses. Repainting can take its toll on the eyes. It's difficult now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment