Followers

Mattel's Sugar Daddy Ken. Will He or Won't He?

One of the moderators over at the BFC Board stated,
"What a week! As you have seen, we sneak peeked the BFMC Palm Beach line. One of the concepts in the line was a Ken doll. We posted the photo with the internal "working" name and the photo and name was also released to dealers. The Ken concept is not part of the official spring Palm Beach product line."

Huh? What happened?

This is the topic of intense discussion on that board and among Barbie collectors. From what I have read pretty much everyone wants that Ken doll to be produced. Count me in. The statement from the moderator is vague about the outcome of this particular doll.

The funniest post I read was posted by dollyhoarder who said:
"My guess is...they will probably change the name from 'Sugar Daddy' to something benign like 'Still Anatomically Incorrect Ken Walking Neutered Dog.'"

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment