Followers

2010 Integrity Toys - Jason Wu Convention The Convention Collection Dolls

The following dolls were available for purchase - one to a customer - in the store during the convention. Everyone received a coupon which entitled him or her to buy one of each doll. At some point after dinner Saturday night, the rule changed, unannounced except to those inside the store. We could buy as many dolls as we wanted - no tickets necessary. PA tax was added to each purchase made in the store.

Fashion Royalty Dolls
"Out of the Blue" Kyori $90.
Mine has already had the bump taken down from her forehead and the glue washed out of her hair. I boiled it straight. Today she will get a trim and be redressed in her fashion. She was a bit too fussy for me to leave this way. After dunking her head in boiled water, I squeezed the sides to make her face less flat. When it looked the way I wanted it to look, I held it under very cold running water until it was cool. Then I let go. Pictures of the redone doll later.
Integrity Photo
"Night Vision" $90.
If I collected the Homme dolls, I'd have definitely bought him. I love the long coat and the rest of his fashion is cool. This is a good-looking doll.

"Fine Romance" Eugenia $150
I decided not to keep Eugenia. It's a lovely doll but there's no WOW factor. I have Eugenias that are much more gorgeous.  She reminded me of Pale Fire Vanessa with that hairstyle.
Integrity Photo
 "Scarlet Woman" Adele $90.
This doll has "Talking Drama" Adele's face almost exactly. IMO the dress did not fit well at the shoulders and neckline. She just wasn't for me...and there's that forehead bump again.
Integrity Photo
FR2
"Always Polished" Dasha $150.
I loved this doll and her fashion the minute I saw her. Several people commented that she looked like a tranny. I didn't think so at all. She's got attitude! Dasha is definitely eastern European and she's staying.
I love the gown with it's fabulous draping and tiny buttons. This is Jason all the way.
Integrity Photo
  Poppy Parker
"Ask Any Girl" Gift Set $130.
The center front Poppy is the doll included in the gift set. All three outfits come with her. She is wearing an adorable sweater whose buttons made me want to scream. When I finally got them hooked I put a piece of tape over them to keep them closed. I love the shorts!!!
The doll on the left is the workshop Poppy and she is wearing the softest off-white lace gown. I'm wondering if the factory put the sash on upside-down. David, if you're reading this...please tell.
On the right is Reluctant Debutante Poppy wearing a very "Mary Tyler Moore - That Girl" suit and bowler hat. It comes with two tone spectator type shoes. The straps are very difficult to button and one broke. I may remove the straps on those shoes altogether. There is a loden green sleeveless shell under the jacket. The hat which appears to be a type of pressed felt product is not a good quality as it's surface is shreddy-looking. There are also leatherette short gloves with a pearl button at the cuff. Forget putting them on but it's a nice touch. A little matching clutch, earrings and a pendant are also included.
I think it's a very good value for the price.
  
Nu-Face
"Wild at Heart" Twin Doll Gift Set $175.
This is a wildly popular gift set with two very trendy-looking dolls. Vaughn told us that in order to create the bi-color hairstyles, they had to do the pony tails as attached hairpieces which are not to be removed if the owners want to have this hairstyle. 
Integrity Photo

Did you get any of these dolls? Which ones? What do you like about them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment