Followers

My First Pattern



I have thought about making patterns of my designs for a long time, but like everything else, it took me a while to get around to actually doing it. I have decided to make patterns of outfits that were popular, but I never want to make again. When I make a new outfit I usually try to cut out as many outfits as I can out of my fabric, or up to about 8 outfits. Whatever comes first. That is usually all my patience can stand.



I realized after I started, that there is a lot to think about when making a pattern. Writing out the instructions was hard. I can't draw, so I decided to MAKE THE OUTFIT AGAIN, even though I really didn't want to. I must say though, that making only one instead of ten wasn't too bad. I tested the fit of the pattern, wrote down all my steps, and even took pictures as I sewed. I think from now on when I am making a new design, I will take notes and photograph my steps in case I decide to sell the pattern later.



This pattern is now for sale on my For Sale Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment