Followers

Not Your Usual Wedding: Poppy Parker gets married

When a dear friend, who has an incredible agency for brides to be who need to be different than all the rest, asked me to make a photo shoot for her relative blog, with my dolls, I jumped at the opportunity. Having never done anything remotely bridal with the dolls, it presented me with the opportunity to do something unusual. 





The brief was precise "Our inspiration is the film Barefoot in The Park". Going through my doll faces to cast the model, I decided thar Integrity's Poppy Parker was the perfect match for Jane Fonda in that era. The problem was that I did not have a dress that would serve as a wedding gown. Then Uriah came into the rescue, unbeknownst to him, when he sent me the dress from the "Ask Any Girl" gift set. Poppy now could prepare for the big day.




As I picked Reluctant Debutante Poppy for the shoot, her gloves, coat, earrings and stockings were of course ideal for the outfit. The shoes were kindly provided by "She's Arrived" Poppy's outfit, while her hair ornament (I decided against a veil as in this scale it would probably look awkward and stiff) is a brooch from Silkstone Barbies. No bride is complete without a bouquet of course: Franklin Mint's Princess Diana series has an excellent one with Princes Of Wales roses (from the blue bouclé suit) that matched perfectly. I hope you like it. And thanks again to Margarita, I love you girl.


Writing this post, today, it dawned on me that I forgot to photograph Poppy barefoot. So here she is - sorry Margarita, I should have done this with the rest of the shoot.


And a black & white grainy one, just for the fun of it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment