Followers

"Imitation of Life" White and Blue Gown





This gown has been on my to-do list for years. When another Gene collector asked me if I was planning on making this costume from the Lana Turner film "Imitation of Life" I decided to move it up the list and take a break from making "Rear Window" costumes. It is made of silk chiffon, which wasn't too hard to work with.





This gown was relatively easy to make compared to my latest projects. The hardest thing was finding the right shade of blue for the sash.



The sash can be worn in several different ways.




The jewelry was a gift from Jennifer and Katherine O' Hare, that I received at the "Hollywood Ahoy" convention in 2009. It is perfect.



I watched the gown scene many times in the movie. In the first shots, the sash is a dark teal color, but then later it looks blue, like in the above photo. I found this blue silk chiffon in Seattle this past Summer. Almost every time I leave Whidbey Island, I try to hit a fabric store or two. My three sons love fabric stores, and by love I mean I have to bribe them with candy, toys, and gum.







Distant Venus is my beautiful model.


0 comments:

Post a Comment